This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unemployment and vacation time question North Carolina

After my boss told me "After much discussion we have decided we can no longer offer you employment here. We will not block you getting UE and if everything goes smoothly after 30 days you will get 99 hours of vacation time." I left. I had never lost a job before in my life, and just that morning i was training someone.

I have never filed for UE before and when I filled out the I put terminated as to why i left, and under vacation time to be paid I put 1000.00.

My manager called and asked why I said I was fired, she said to put 'lack of work' as the reason, and she was going to put that on the form they sent. I called the ESC and told the lady and she asked if I had received the vacation money I designated in the original claim. I told her no. She said that 'some times people are told they are getting money and never do, and that I should wait to actually get it then put it on my weekly certification. She told me she took that amount off my profile and that was that.

I had collected UE for 3 weeks and got that vacation time check, put it on my weekly cert as they said and it said to call the number. I called and after being scolded by the operator about not reporting it in the beginning (I did and told them so). He said that they had to back date the claim to three weeks past the start date, and that I now have an overpayment of 966.00 and that It is going to be adjudicated? and that most likely I will only get one half of what I was getting till that is paid back.

I can't get in trouble can I? Does that sound right? I did what I was told to do.

I don't see you getting into any "trouble" but they can "take back" any excess
    money you received.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I understand them reducing my checks. I had just heard a lot about fraud and things like that as I really do not need that in my life. I certainly wasn't trying to defraud anyone.

If I find a job before the money is paid back, I will have to send them a check?

Comment

Originally posted by LB43 View Post
        If I find a job before the money is paid back, I will have to send them a check?
        That's probably what they will request you do.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X