This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appeal Process question North Carolina

My claim got rejected due to misconduct. I was strong armed by my supervisor into breaking company policy. If i had of went to her Boss i would have been fired too.

So since i have appealed this how does it work? I mean there is someone i could call as a witness to the companies policy but im worryed that if i call her as a witness they may attempt to get her in trouble as well.

So where do i go from here?

I'm not certain I am following your question, could you please rephrase in a more clearly defined question format? You will likely get more responses that way.
    Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Originally posted by CatBert View Post
      I'm not certain I am following your question, could you please rephrase in a more clearly defined question format? You will likely get more responses that way.
      Sorry about that. I stated that my unemployment claim was Rejected because my employer stated that commited misconduct.

My supervisor threatened my job and told me to do it i would be fired. I could not go to her boss because there would have been a backlash.

There is another co-worker of mine who didnt get fired but got wrote up over this same time of issue. And i could call her as a witness however because she still works there her job would be on the line.

So should i even appeal this without calling her as a witness?

Comment

My answer is: always, always, always appeal. Whether or not you call her as a witness is up to you. If it will assist your case, then have her called as a witness.
        Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Agree, always appeal. If you don't, you won't get UI benefits for sure.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
          X