This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• appeals hearing denial question North Carolina

no unemployment comp if determined by Commission that individual is unemployed because he was discharged for misconduct connected with his work

Misconduct connected with the work
    is defined as conduct evincing such willful or wanton disregard of an employer's interest as is found in deliberate violations or disregard of standards of behavior which the employer has the right to expect of his employee, or in carelessness or negligence of such degree or recurrence as to manifest equal culpability, wrongful intent or evil design, or to show an intentional and substantial disregard of the employer's interests or of the employee's duties and obligations to his employer. In re Collingsworth, Yelverton v Kemp Inds, Intercraft Inds

My question concerns the phrase " misconduct connected with his work"............All I have read in other ststes opinions that if the incident was not connected with his my /work ( or outside the employment sphere)misconduct should not apply. Can someone clarify this for me................................................ ......I was arrested for a violation of a restraining order which was bogus & thrown out of court................
Working...
X