X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alphaa3669
    started a topic Is this retaliation North Carolina

Is this retaliation North Carolina

I posted a situation previously in regards to my supervisor who was a bully boss. In continum i resorted to reporting her to Human resources and also a venue with our company called the ethic line who investigates along with human resources the incident. With the investigation, the director of human resources got back with me with the findings and stated that the supervisor stated that i was a good worker and she had no problems with me. Approximately 2-3 weeks later i was out sick due to a pulled muscle in my back which occurred off duty. The next work day when i came back i was called into the office by this superivsor and counseled for my absenteeism. She went all the way back to January of 2008 and noted 6 days and this one in December was 7. She stated that she was only going to start from October and this one would count as number 2. She went on to talk about i should consider fmla leave or intermittent fmla. She went on to say that if i have two more absentses within a years period starting from now to oct of 2009 they would be written . Any after that would be cause for possible termination. I have been with this company for 8 years, she has been with the company for almost 2. Although she is within the policy guidelines in reference to absenteeisms, isn't this a form of retaliation. Why now?? There are others with more days than myself. What should i do. Also, this ethics line does not tolerate retaliation. Should i report this?

• dmf32835
    replied
    You workplace warriors can't get enough can you? Try being the bigger person, and fight for your job. Show everyone that your a valuable part of the company and that they just can't fire you. Be ready to explain why your so valuable and why they can't fire you.

I can't decide for you whether your a strong enough workplace warrior to continue this fight, you must decide for yourself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X