This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harassment in the work place

If someone is being harassed by fellow employees can the employer be sued for the harassment and can the employees also be sued?? Will a laywer take on the case or cases with out a retainer and work on a percentage??

Not all of what the average person considers harassment is illegal. The answers to your questions are dependent on whether or not the harassment is illegal harassment, and, even if it is, whether or not an attorney will take the case without retainer and work on contingency will depend on the strength of the case.

You cannot file a lawsuit for illegal harassment or discrimination until you have a right to sue letter from either the EEOC or your state human rights commission.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Discrimination

I work in Buildings Complex as a Security Officer I work the midnight tour where are 5 securities & two Supervisors, In the 5 security theres 3 Hispanic & 2 Afro Americans, The 2 Supervisor they're not Hispanics or Afro American they wrote up 2 hispanics for been in the store drinking coffee but the afro americans do what they feel like at the job & the supervisors doens'nt write them up. It been spoke to the high rank Officer & nothing been done. what is the proper way to fix this problem?

Comment

[QUOTE=MrHazeleyess]I work in Buildings Complex as a Security Officer I work the midnight tour where are 5 securities & two Supervisors, In the 5 security theres 3 Hispanic & 2 Afro Americans, The 2 Supervisor they're not Hispanics or Afro American they wrote up 2 hispanics for been in the store drinking coffee but the afro americans do what they feel like at the job & the supervisors doens'nt write them up. It been spoke to the high rank Officer & nothing been done. what is the proper way to fix this problem?

Comment

Working...
        X