This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questionable Commission Structure

I am a buisness manager structured completely, 100% commissioned in a dealership who retained my 3rd party company to do the financing and aftersell of vehicle accessories. I have been working here for a little over 1 month and I am now getting my first 100% commission check. However, the company and dealership I work for have included approx. 20% in deductions from my paycheck for "chargebacks". Although these chargebacks are from commissions paid to previous employees from 3-4 years ago even. Is it legal to take my earned commissions away for monies paid years prior to other employees who quit? It doesn't seem fair to me. :confused

Sincerely,

New York

There is nothing I know of in state law that mandates the terms of commission agreements. This is strictly between the employer and the employee. Is it fair? I don't think anyone would say that it is fair. But is it legal? Probably yes, since there are no laws prohibiting it.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Actually isn't legal

Originally posted by Pattymd
      There is nothing I know of in state law that mandates the terms of commission agreements. This is strictly between the employer and the employee. Is it fair? I don't think anyone would say that it is fair. But is it legal? Probably yes, since there are no laws prohibiting it.
      I contacted the Dept of Labor and Attny Gen. office and they stated that it was not legal under NYS law. Thanks for the input though. I am in negotiations with my current employer to get this issue resolved. He has since decided not to withdraw the difference from my check. Thanks.

Comment

Well, that surprises me, but I'll bet it would have been a violation of the contract laws, not wage and hour regulations. Good luck.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X