This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spouse relocating/new position after maternity leave

I have two situations any advice would be most helpful. I went on maternity leave in April of 2005 and a temp was put in my position until my return. I contacted the human resources dept and advised them I would be returning August 15 and would like to begin with 4 days per week, I was told no problem. August 11th I receive a call from the director of human resources, I was informed that I was being "placed" into a different position. Previously I was an administrative assistant, new position was marketing assistant (which I had no prior training or experience for) I was also told I would receive more money after being in the position for a "little bit" I received no training, and was not able to work the 4 days. The position is very stressful, especially with no guidance. If I quit would I be eligible for UI.

2nd issue my husband is suffering from Hep C, liver cirrhosis, high blood pressure, diabetes and depression and a number of physical problems due to a nasty on the job accident. His doctor has suggested that he relocate to a warmer climate, if he left to another state and I quit my my job to follow him would I be eligible for UI???

If I quit would I be eligible for UI. Highly unlikely. While you may have a good reason to quit the job, not liking your job doesn't constitute "good cause" to quit and still be eligible for UC benefits.

His doctor has suggested that he relocate to a warmer climate, if he left to another state and I quit my my job to follow him would I be eligible for UI??? A very few States grant UC benefits to a trailing spouse who quits his/her job because a spouse has accepted employment elsewhere. I have no idea if your State is one of them but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Quitting because you and your spouse wish to relocate to a warmer climate is, almost certainly, not "good cause."

Only a UC adjudicator in your State can answer your questions with complete certainty though.

Comment

Working...
    X