This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law Enforcement Request for Background Check New York

We have had a law enforcement agency contact us regarding a past employee for employment considerations. Are we obligated to provide anything other than date of hire, separation, and position held?

Obligated...no, providing it is not a criminal investigation.

Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to give full disclosure to a potential employer? Especially a law enforcement agency?
    Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Law Enforcement Request for Background Check in New York

No reason other than trying to understand what we can and can't do.

Thanks.

Comment

I would have no problem responding to such a request. In fact, in the past, I have.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
          I would have no problem responding to such a request. In fact, in the past, I have.
          Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
            I will also comply. I was unable to last week when I received a request on a former employee who worked for us for 6 months in 1992!

Comment

I do as well. Like I have said in the past, we have nothing to hide and disclose any information more so to law enforcement request for past employment history.

Comment

You're not obligated to furnish add'l. info than what you posted in your first post but I would go ahead & comply with the request as the other responders would do.
                Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Just curious, did the agency provide you something that the former employee signed authorizing the release of his work histrory to the agency?

Typically when someone is asking for information, they also provide something signed by the employee saying it is ok to release.

Comment

Working...
                  X