This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unemployment New York

I was let go on a job(Architecture) that I worked for a year and a half. I was hired by a temp agency to work there for that long, approx. 2 and half years over 3 years of time. July 3rd 2008 I was finished and one year later, I still found no means of income. Can I receive any kind of compenstaion/benefits for this?

Thanks in advance
    QC/nyc
    Last edited by quiteconcerned; 07-08-2009, 07:20 AM. Reason: Bad Grammar

Are you asking about unemployment? Severance? Something else?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Did you file for unemployment when you finished that assignment last year?
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Unemployment...

No, I didn't because I was told I couldn't. Because of one year of absence in the work field, I've decided to quickly check to see, if I was/am.

Comment

If you haven't worked since July of 2008, you may not financially qualify. I would never take anyone's word for "you can't file for unemployment". You ALWAYS file; let the state make the decision.
          http://www.labor.state.ny.us/formsdocs/ui/P160.pdf
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I just called, system unavailable.. Between the 2 places I worked, staffing & the firm, I figured one of them would have been straight with me.

Thank you especially for the prompt responses. Wish others would do the same. I let you know how it goes.

Comment

You can't file online in New York?

Comment

I called for qualifications. And I just filed. And they made my last day of work, October 29, 2008. So I am in the clear. That's the start page for anyone else. But you have 18 months before you are ineligible.

https://ui.labor.state.ny.us/UBC/home.do

I really appreciate the support. And I hope never have to travel down the road again.

Comment

Working...
                X