• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wally7711224
    started a topic New York

New York

Greetings,

I just started with a company that has an employee that is non-exempt but paid via salary not hourly. Since she is non-exempt I understand that she would qualify for OT after 40 hours in the work week. However, currently she does not submitt a time card. Would she NOW need to begin submitting a timecard?

Thanks,
    Wally

• wally7711224
    replied
    Thanks

Thanks so much for your VERY helpful reply.

Wally

Leave a comment:

• DAW
    replied
    The time accounting requirement is legally on the employer, not the employee. If the employee fails to submit time accounting records it is the employer who is violating the rules.

IMO, the employer needs to order the employee to submit accurate time accounting records. A discussion with the supervisor telling him/her to start doing their job is also indicated. I have worked for employers who routinely fired people who failed to keep their time accounting current and accurate. It is amazing how quickly this type of problem disappears once everyone figures out that the employer really means it. I have also worked for employers who would give supervisors full workweek unpaid suspensions for failure to do THEIR jobs. Again, previously unsolvable problems seem to magically solve themselves once everyone understands that failure is not an option.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X