This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info in Termination Letter New York

I recieved a letter indicating I would not be rehired in an after school program. The letter sent to me referenced a letter the company received from the school quoting that someone saw me making atelephone call after hours using the school phone which I did not have access too. Other things were referenced as well. I did not know anything about the letter and was not given a chance to refute the information. Do I have a right to a copy of the letter my company recieved from the school? Thank you.

No, sorry, you do not.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

You do not under the law. However, if you are an employee of the school and there is a union and or you are under contract, there *may* be recourse there. I wouldn't expect that they would need to provide a copy of the letter but there is probably a grieveance policy that allows you to refute the claims made against you.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
      X