This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fringe on holiday hours? New Mexico

I am a government contractor. Are you required to pay fringe on holiday hours in NM or just on regular/straight hours?

Originally posted by mrchims View Post
    I am a government contractor. Are you required to pay fringe on holiday hours in NM or just on regular/straight hours?
    Fringe is just paid on hours worked, not holidays. This falls under the Service Contract Act.
    Somedays you're the windshield and somedays you're the bug.

Comment

Originally posted by mlane58 View Post
      Fringe is just paid on hours worked, not holidays. This falls under the Service Contract Act.
      Well, this could be interesting.

I have a grand total of one SCA contract with one employee and have paid him the weekly fringe.

I did not realize I could pay him less when he takes vacation, sick leave (not required by the SCA) or a holiday.

That might make up for the double time I have to pay when the President declares a holiday and he still has to work.
      Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottB View Post
        Well, this could be interesting.

I have a grand total of one SCA contract with one employee and have paid him the weekly fringe.

I did not realize I could pay him less when he takes vacation, sick leave (not required by the SCA) or a holiday.

That might make up for the double time I have to pay when the President declares a holiday and he still has to work.
        Actually it's an hourly fringe rate and the base rate is $3.16 an hour. Unless the contract is governed by a cba and I have several which they do get paid for holidays, etc.... then it is strickley for hours worked.
        Somedays you're the windshield and somedays you're the bug.

Comment

Working...
        X