This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dr. notes New Mexico

yesterday I had left work early to go to the dr. for an on-going condition my dr.s believe is from my work place. My supervisor told me not to bring in a note because it would not do me any good. We have a point system at my job, 6 points a quarter, and everday I am out i get a point against me. Can they deny a dr. note stating that i need to stay home and/or that i need access to a restroom when needed for my condition?

Barring a FMLA situation, a doctor's note has no force in law. They have no legal obligation to excuse an absence because you brought a doctor's note.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

my reply

Wow, your situation does seem harsh, at my place of employment that I was recently let go from, you get 7 points for a ROLLING calender year. The only thing excused is if you are absent to attend a funeral/mourn. Everything else you must wait an entire year for 1 point to come off, including illness and so on.

Comment

Working...
      X