This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from bosses daughter New Jersey New Mexico New York

I work In New Jersey came to work 6/7/06 found a book or letter on my desk from the bosses daughts stating remarks about my weight and that I am a loser setting this all up on my desk to ensure that I will not miss reading it.
    The daughter is only 6-7 years old but can spell and write and draw pictures if you know what I mean. Well any way this is my question, this is not the first time a problem came to play about my weight but it was with an other employee with a verbal conflick in front of another employee, I told my boss about it but he did nothing about it. This is the second time now and I did not say anthing yet until I posted a thread here to get more info of what I can do and if I can do anything legaly please help with some feedback. As of now Iam loooking for an other job. Thanks
    Victor.

How seriously can you take a note from a 6-year old?

Obesity is not a protected characteristic in your state or federally.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Patty is correct; since weight is not a protected characteristic in your state or under Federal law, this is not a legal issue. Your options are limited to whatever internal grievance policies your employer may offer.

It was rude, no question, and the individual in question should be training their child better. But there's no legal violations.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
      X