Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ot trip New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio North Dakota North Carolina New York New Mexico New York

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ot trip New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio North Dakota North Carolina New York New Mexico New York

we have a mandatory trip over a weekend our reg hours are mon -fri the trip is over an entire weekend we are not being paid is this legal we are all hourly and this is out of state

You must be paid for all hours you actually work. And you must be paid for travel as a passenger that coincides with your regularly scheduled work hours, even if those hours occur on a nonscheduled work day.
    http://www.dol.gov/dol/allcfr/ESA/Ti...9CFR785.39.htm
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Probably not....

I had the same thing for training classes for the company I am with now. I had to stay a weekend in New York for training over a 2 week period. Since I was not technically working, no they do not have to pay for my hours over the weekend. As long as you are not on a corporate retreat or something like that where you will be required to participate in work activities, then no, it does not qualify as OT. Sorry!!

Comment

No, bowlmeover, that's not necessarily true. If attendance is mandatory, it doesn't make any difference whether work activities are taking place or you're doing one of those dumb team-building things. Your situation was different in that, during the weekend you were totally on your own to do whatever you wanted to do.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd
          ... dumb team-building things ...
          Patty, you should be more straightforward and let us know how you really feel about such exercises ...

Comment

OK, rjc, I won't be so subtle next time.

Comment

Working...
            X