Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

benefits included in - on target earnings????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• benefits included in - on target earnings????

I work in New Hampshire as a sales rep - As part of my compesation plan I receive a base salary, commission, and potential bonuses. In addition to these my benefits cost (medical, dental, vision etc..) are included in my On Target Earnings (OTE). For example - Base Salary = 50k, Target Commission based on Quota = 50k, Quota bonus = 5k, Total Compensation in $$ = 105K - However the On Target Earnings in my comp plan = 115K due to the cost of benefits to my employer. Is this common practice? Does it mean anything? What if I were to enroll in my wife's benefit plan? Am I entitled to the additional 10k to be in line with my OTE? Just curious as I have never seen anything like this in all the comp plans I have ever had.

Is this common practice? No.

Does it mean anything? Only that your employer may be ahead of the pack in having their employees truly realize what constitutes their total compensation.

What if I were to enroll in my wife's benefit plan? Am I entitled to the additional 10k to be in line with my OTE? That's something you'd need to discuss with your employer. Everything you describe is entirely a matter of company policy.

Comment

Working...
    X