This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tattoo Policy

I work and live in Nevada. Back in Sept of 2005 I had a tattoo put on my forearm where it is visible when I wear a short sleeve shirt. The tattoo is about four inches long and consists of a cross made up of three nails and a crown of thornes. Back when I got the tattoo, I checked with my office's policies and there was not one that did not allow visible tattoos. This month (Jan '06) a new policy was passed out prohibiting visible tattoo, with no grandfather clause. The policy states that I have to cover up the tattoo by wearing a flesh covered bandage over it or always wear a long sleeve shirt. Can "they" pass a new policy prohibiting what is now a predisposing condition, forcing me to adhere to it? Incidentily, this is my only tattoo.
    Last edited by tattooed; 01-10-2006, 03:38 AM.

Yes, they can. They aren't requiring you to have it removed, just to cover it up.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd
      Yes, they can. They aren't requiring you to have it removed, just to cover it up.
      well thats abunch of **** in my oppion and it dont seem right that they can do that

Comment

Whether you agree with it or not, that's the way the law currently stands.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
        X