This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getiing paid

i am a Medical supply Tech for a small company here in reno Nevada.My question is, My paydays land on Mondays,but there has been a holiday weekend and Monday is labor day, am I entitled to getting paid on that on monday or was it to be the friday before?..my employer has in the past tried not to pay me on paydays....and try and tell me I have to wait a few days after payday.What can I do about this?And is it against the labor laws or employee rights to curse out your employees? (I have a very old and mean boss) any help would be great.Thank you

All I could find was this:

10. Every employer shall establish and maintain regular paydays and shall post a notice setting forth those regular paydays in 2 conspicuous places. After an employer establishes regular paydays and the place of payment, the employer shall not change a regular payday or the place of payment unless, not fewer than 7 days before the change is made, the employer provides the employees affected by the change with written notice in a manner that is calculated to provide actual notice of the change to each such employee.
    And that you must be paid at least semi-monthly. The law does not address when you must be paid when payday falls on a company or banking holiday. However "a few days" might be considered long enough for the state Dept. of Labor to get involved, rather than it just being one or two days.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

And is it against the labor laws or employee rights to curse out your employees?

No, it is not. It is rude. It is unprofessional. But it is not a violation of any law and it does not violate anyone's rights. Being a jerk is not illegal.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

But wouldnt it be considered sexual harrassment when she refers to me as a male then makes her "rude" remarks.

Comment

Your first post asked if it was a violation of labor laws to curse at an employee. It is not. No law makes it illegal to curse. The answer you were initially given is the correct answer to the question you asked.

Now, as to whether any specific comments constitute sexual harassment, you would need to provide details as to exactly what was being said. The fact that she referenced your gender is not, in and of itself, proof of sexual harassment.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
          X