This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employers Forcibly Keeping Employees Onsite for 10 days Nevada

My husband's work has told him to be prepared at a moment's notice to pack for 10 days including a sleeping bag. They said that he would be required to stay at work for 10 days. They don't even have shower facilities on site?? He is a salaried employee who normally works 9am - 5pm. Is this even legal??

There isn't any law prohibiting it.

What is the purpose of this ten-day marathon?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I guess the union employees are about to go on strike, which means that the plant supervisors have to run the place.
      Is it really legal for the company to not allow my husband to go home and shower?

Comment

Unless you can find a Federal or Nevada law that expressly grants an employee the right to go home and shower every x days, then yes, what your employer is doing is legal.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
        X