• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Management

Hello

The company I work is having a new management take over by
    another company which has there own employees. There on call
    with no schedule and the pay is also hourly and we were commision
    against hourly. Many of us with children are concerned about the 24 hour on call.
    Where would I find information on unemployment if we have to resign.
    Thank You
    Last edited by daisy46; 05-31-2010, 01:16 PM.

There is a pretty high bar to leap if you quit and still expect to receive unemployment. A change in your schedule, as inconvenient as it may be, is not normally enough. Especially when there is a change in ownership.

May I ask exactly what you do (not your job title, but your duties) and what type of business this is (not its name)?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

As usual I agree with Patty...it will be a hard sell to convince the state that a schedule change/inconvenience was "just cause" resignation.
      Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Schedule to 24 hour on call

Hello

The new management at the limousine company has there
        drivers on call 24 hours. Most companies have day and nite
        drivers. We are now full time drivers working 40 hours or
        more and have shifts and days off unless needed.
        Thank You

Comment

Having drivers on call is legal.

Whether or not merely being "on call" is compensable or not depends on the circumstances. Including how often you are called, can you refuse the assignment, how long you have to show up to work when you are and, primarily, how restricted your time is to go about personal activities while you are "on call".
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

http://www.dol.gov:80/dol/allcfr/tit...9CFR785.17.htm
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
            X