This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• final pay

If you were terminated, and did not recieve your final paycheck until 4 weeks later, Is there any compensation that can be sought for the month in between ?

Originally posted by got2begoode View Post
    If you were terminated, and did not recieve your final paycheck until 4 weeks later, Is there any compensation that can be sought for the month in between ?
    You can file with the DOL, but in my experience...good luck on getting anything more than a headache on something this small.
    Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

got2begoode, you added your question to another poster's old thread from 2006. You should have started your own new thread. I will start a new thread for you. Can we assume your state is Nv. since you added your question to a thread in the Nv. labor law forum?
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The answer depends on your state. For that matter, whether you can file with the state DOL or must go to the Federal DOL (or small claims court) also depends on your state.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
        X