This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advise when dealing with HR Nevada

I sent this complaint to the VP of HR and she started an investigation. They have scheduled a telephone conference call with me so should I get a lawyer first or should I liten to what they have to say. also, what will HR ask me?

I am informing you about a matter that needs to be acknowledged. The I.T. dept has 2 people that - Targets a person and do the following mistreatment: verbal abuse, threatening, humiliating and work interference -- sabotage -- which prevents work from getting done

I am writing to you in regards to employees work ethics. she was verbally abusive towards me starting Feb 12 she humiliated and sabotaged my work many times by emailing me the wrong steps to a process and telling me to do it that way. I have documented all this and sent it to my immediate supervisor boss involved another employee and he sided with her and both of them started bulling me by telling me to take out the trash through emails again this is all documented and boss was CC on each email.

Feb 2nd
    employee marched right up to my cube and started yelling at me in front of all my co-workers. I reported this to my immediate supervisor but nothing was done about it.

On Feb 4th employee told me to ignore user if she gets rude and demands a tech asap, in other words don’t bend over backwards for user because she over reacts to everything. This was also an agreement from boss.

Again everything is documented and was given to boss.

Today I was fired! I was the victim and I got fired…I am not sure why but I have a feeling employee convinced some one that I was the one to blame for something that was her fault, employee is the kind of person that would point out other peoples mistake just to distract you from her mistakes..
    Last edited by cheystine; 03-01-2010, 03:20 PM.

Unless you were singled out for disparate treatment by your co-workers on the basis of a protected characteristic (race, age, gender, etc.), it is not illegal for your coworkers to be rude or inconsider or to yell at. It's also not illegal to fire someone for something that wasn't his/her fault. Unfortunately, what happened here probably falls in the "crummy but not illegal" category.
    I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

cheystine, Yesterday, under wrongful termination law, where you had originally posted your question, I told you I was deleting you post & to please repost without the actual names of employees. It was too many to delete. You again listed names - YOU might want to delete them for your own protection.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Need advise when dealing with HR Nevada

I sent this complaint to the VP of HR and she started an investigation. They have scheduled a telephone conference call with me so should I get a lawyer first or should I liten to what they have to say. also, what will HR ask me?

The web site below explains how she targeted me and started harrassing me.
        http://www.bullyonline.org/workbully...0of%20bullying

Phone call was recorded
        When HR asked me what I wanted, I said " this employee has ruined the integrity of the I.T. department, and has caused frustrated users because of her incompetence."I had evidence to back that up. Plus she avoids facing up to her mistakes and targeted me to divert attention away from her inadequacy. I also told if they do not take this serious I have enough evidence to take this to court.

Comment

cheystine, since you posted another post earlier under Nv. labor laws & have a reply there, I will transfer this post there. (That one had employees names also)
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

cheystine has now adjusted original post w/o employees' names & also posted above post. (was posted elsewhere-moved here)

Comment

Getting an attorney is a fine idea, but you need to consider the cost versus the return. An attorney is going to charge you regardless of a "win" or a "loss" in this matter.

Unfortunately things that make work lousy aren't always illegal as stated by other responders.
              Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Originally posted by cheystine View Post
                When HR asked me what I wanted, I said " this employee has ruined the integrity of the I.T. department, and has caused frustrated users because of her incompetence."I had evidence to back that up. Plus she avoids facing up to her mistakes and targeted me to divert attention away from her inadequacy. I also told if they do not take this serious I have enough evidence to take this to court.
                What you said in reply to HR does not answer their question. What do you want, her fired, your job back?

Also I agree with the other posters. Unless you were targeted due to a protescted characteristic there was nothing illegal.

What are you going to take them to court over?

Finally, not bending over backwards because a user overreacts isn't that unusual. No one is going to go out of their way for a customer who is rude and demanding.
                Last edited by HRinMA; 03-02-2010, 07:23 AM. Reason: sentence structure correction

Comment

When HR asked me what I wanted, I said " this employee has ruined the integrity of the I.T. department, and has caused frustrated users because of her incompetence."I had evidence to back that up. Plus she avoids facing up to her mistakes and targeted me to divert attention away from her inadequacy. Those are all internal problems for your employer to deal with, should they so choose. These are not legal issues.

I also told if they do not take this serious I have enough evidence to take this to court. To do what? Sue them for not running the company the way you want them to? Good luck with that.

Comment

I am a witness of this emplyee making racial remarks about another coworker,
                    HR asked me if I wanted my job back and i said yes. I think I need to tell HR that she is a bigot

Comment

I think I need to tell HR that she is a bigot
                      That is your opinion. HR is not interested in your characterization of the individual, only in facts. Bad idea.
                      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
                        That is your opinion. HR is not interested in your characterization of the individual, only in facts. Bad idea.
                        You have already seen how HR reacts when you offer your opinion.

Not many people get rehired, so HR is probably expecting you to be a bit grateful, and willing to rise above the problems with this person. I'm not saying this will be at all easy or pleasant, but it's what you need to do in order to keep your job.

Best of luck.
                        Don't feed the trolls.

Comment

Need advise when dealing with HR Nevada

I decided to stick with the facts and emailed HR this:

Supervisor. and I started in October 2009, we had no idea what the work ethics of the IT analyst at company were like, As the front line person I noticed a few things. As the helpdesk I was a witness to the frustrated levels of workers having to make repeated phone calls of the same computer problems. Coincidentally most of the repeated calls were from the bully customers. When I reported this to Supervisor. he did nothing about my findings.

My spread sheet had all the analyst names on it and how they resolved the issue. all the analyst were able to resolve a pc issue with one ticket except for the bully. Her inability to properly troubleshoot assigned incidents can be viewed on these altris tickets. 43974, 49824, 49825, 42407, 49050, 50084. A good tech will troubleshoot a blue screen.( This is when a computer shuts down without warning) the bully does no troubleshooting for a blue screen, by not inspecting the computer properly the bully caused high amount of down time in work and raised the frustration levels in employees. As Dell Certified technician I was able to find the resolution in Oct 2009, but no one listened. In the I.T. field as a tech you are supposed to be pro active and research before they become a issue and cause the company money.

WILL THAT GET THERE ATTENTION! MY INTENTIONS ARE FOR THE BULLY TO GET FIRED

Comment

Since we don't know your HR, we have no way of knowing whether it will get their attention or not.

However, there is nothing, and I do mean NOTHING, that you can do to force them to fire anyone. The law does not require them to fire her just because you say so.
                            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I decided to stick with the facts and emailed HR this:

Supervisor. and I started in October 2009, we had no idea what the work ethics of the IT analyst at company were like, As the front line person I noticed a few things. As the helpdesk I was a witness to the frustrated levels of workers having to make repeated phone calls of the same computer problems. Coincidentally most of the repeated calls were from the bully customers. When I reported this to Supervisor. he did nothing about my findings.

My spread sheet had all the analyst names on it and how they resolved the issue. all the analyst were able to resolve a pc issue with one ticket except for the bully. Her inability to properly troubleshoot assigned incidents can be viewed on these altris tickets. 43974, 49824, 49825, 42407, 49050, 50084. A good tech will troubleshoot a blue screen.( This is when a computer shuts down without warning) the bully does no troubleshooting for a blue screen, by not inspecting the computer properly the bully caused high amount of down time in work and raised the frustration levels in employees. As Dell Certified technician I was able to find the resolution in Oct 2009, but no one listened. In the I.T. field as a tech you are supposed to be pro active and research before they become a issue and cause the company money.

WILL THAT GET THERE ATTENTION! MY INTENTIONS ARE FOR THE BULLY TO GET FIRED
                              As I stated before, I would drop the matter. Help desk supervisors and managers are responsible for monitoring their employees work...how many tickets each person has open, how long the ticket is open, has the ticket been closed to the user's satisfaction, etc etc. You therefore are running the risk of pointing fingers at your supervisor's failure to perform their jobs correctly.

I'm speaking from experience. I've complained and finger-pointed before, and it's gotten me nowhere except for demotions. Meanwhile, people I've pointed fingers at have been promoted (including a person I supposedly filed a sexual harassment complaint about - the person who later demoted me), and haven't changed their ways.

Drop it. If your supervisor sees this person as a problem, it is for him or her to deal with, not you.

Drop it, drop it, drop it. You will NOT get this person fired.
                              Don't feed the trolls.

Comment

Working...
                              X