This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandatory tip makes me pay out of my own pocket sometimes. Nevada

I work as a food server in a restaurant and they have this weird tip out system and when i work the sushi bar i have to tip out 15% of my sales no matter what my tips were. So if i get bad tips the whole night, bad being under 15% then i make nothing that night or even pay out of my own pocket. However they do give me back the some tip, tip that is shared with all of the sushi bar. Shared tip isn't illegal but can they make me pay that money out of my pocket. I go to work to make money not to lose it.. please help really frustrated with this place and i've been working my *** off for them for 2 years. i can further explain the tip out process if needed.

Originally posted by lasvegassucks View Post
    I work as a food server in a restaurant and they have this weird tip out system and when i work the sushi bar i have to tip out 15% of my sales no matter what my tips were. So if i get bad tips the whole night, bad being under 15% then i make nothing that night or even pay out of my own pocket. However they do give me back the some tip, tip that is shared with all of the sushi bar. Shared tip isn't illegal but can they make me pay that money out of my pocket. I go to work to make money not to lose it.. please help really frustrated with this place and i've been working my *** off for them for 2 years. i can further explain the tip out process if needed.
    A tip pool means that you contribute part of your tips, not a percentage of of your sales. That is not a bona fide tip sharing arrangement. Contact the Labor Commissioner's office.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X