This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nevada break law Nevada

I understand the the break law in Nevada is on 30min unpaid break if you work 8 hours. Is it possible for the employee to waive that break? If yes do they need to sign a waiver on each shift?

Thank you,

NAC 608.145 Periods for rest and meals. (NRS 607.160, 608.019)

1. Unless an employee is exempt pursuant to NRS 608.019, an employee that works at least 3 1/2 continuous hours is permitted:

(a) One 10-minute rest period if the employee works at least 3 1/2 continuous hours and less than 7 continuous hours;

(b) Two 10-minute rest periods if the employee works at least 7 continuous hours and less than 11 continuous hours;

(c) Three 10-minute rest periods if the employee works at least 11 continuous hours and less than 15 continuous hours; or

(d) Four 10-minute rest periods if the employee works at least 15 continuous hours and less than 19 continuous hours.

2. An unpaid lunch break is not considered when determining the number of hours worked by an employee for the purposes of subsection 1.

3. An employee may voluntarily agree to forego any rest period or meal period. The employer has the burden to prove the existence of any such agreement.

(Added to NAC by Labor Commír by R115-04, eff. 8-25-2004)

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NAC/NAC-6...l#NAC608Sec145
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Nevada break

Do you have any suggestions how to prove the employee has waived their break?

Thank you,

Comment

Note #3 above - the employer has to prove it was waived --- a written waiver/agreement would be the best way to prove it.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X