X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exempt employee suspension Nevada

Hello all,
    I searched the forum and found this old thread.
    http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthre...=1#post1041580

It states "Unpaid disciplinary suspensions of one or more days imposed in good faith for workplace conduct rule violations".
    Can anyone tell me if the employee has to be told specifically what they are being suspended for, and if it's unpaid at the time of suspension?
    Also can the employer wait a week and a half to tell that employee that they are not being paid for the suspension?

No, they don't. Not legally.

Who are you in this scenario? If you are the employee, are you exempt?

(See, this is why we want you to start a new thread).
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
      No, they don't. Not legally.

Who are you in this scenario? If you are the employee, are you exempt?

(See, this is why we want you to start a new thread).
      Yes, exempt.
      (I'm very familiar with forums, most of them really hate it when you don't search)

Comment

We want you to search. Search away. Please

What we don't want you to do is add your question to a dead thread after you find them.

After you have done your search, if you still have a question, post a new one.

BTW, this is the preferred format for all the forums I participate on. I don't know of a single one that prefers you to resurrect a dead thread in preference to starting a new one.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
        X