This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary Reduction limits? Nevada

I work from home in Nevada, for a company in California. We just received an email saying all exempt salary employees have to take a 30% salary reduction, and still work our full-time schedule. This is a $20,000 reduction for me. Is this legal? What are my options?

Yes, it is legal. A 30% reduction of $20K means you are making nearly $68K now?

Your options are to accept the reduction or to quit. If you quit, though, I wouldn't expect to get UI benefits, and those would be nowhere near $4,000 per month. I don't know about Nevada, but in my state, if you are working full-time, you don't qualify for partial benefits.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

It is not inherently illegal, as long as notice is given prior to the change, the change does not reduce weekly salary below $455/week, and there is no formal contract to the contrary being violated. A very large number of employees are either being laid off or having the wages reduced.
      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
      Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Working...
      X