This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working in Nevada Wrongful Term Nevada

I have read a bunch of posts in here and I do have a similar situation but I wanted to get some thoughts. Working at a large medical facility, I was receiving awards, large raises and a promotion etc. My boss transfers out and a new boss comes in. Basically the long and short of it all is I knew she did not agree with the fact I am a lesbian and also I was the only worker within all 3 of her departments that had no children. (Trust me that part does come into play) Fast forwarding... I was tired of being asked by all other director's why this certain administrator was receiving already weeks of vacation when they had just started. I finally had gone to the CEO to share with him my concerns with the "stealing of vacation" and discrimination issues I was having with my new boss. He thanked me and assured me I would be faced with no retaliation from her. One week later I am on unpaid leave (when I asked why I was told they do not have to give me a reason for the investigation) One week later I was called in by my boss and met with her and HR and was terminated.
    I have not gone forward with anything as of yet, I want to do this right. This facility also is in many violations as well.
    PS I should also mention that I was running their legal department.
    Any suggestions, I mean other than starting at the EEOC. I was reading on their page something about "whistle blowers" not covered? Is this true?

I'm not sure what the EEOC is going to do for you, since neither parental status nor sexual orientation is protected at the Federal level. (I'm not where I can look up whether or not it's protected at the state level; maybe someone else will know or I can check later.)

It's not clear to me what you are thinking was wrongful about your termination. It might just be that I was up much earlier than I usually am and haven't finished my coffee, but can you clarify it for me?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
    X