This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NV Salary OT Questions Nevada

I currently work for a satellite installation company in the position as Field Supervisor. We're supposed to be spending roughly 12-18hrs a week in the field as part of our daily duties, however this is not the case.

As it stands now, we're currently working a minimum of 72hrs a week, and most weeks its reaching the 85-90hr mark. When we took the position of Supervisor, we all understood there would be overtime, however, working 17-18hr days, sleeping 4hrs then turning around to do it again seems almost criminal.

With the majority of our duties being to monitor, consult and help out the technicians in the field, we're unable to do the field work due to overloading man-hours.

My question is, considering we're not "office personnel", but field supervisors who have been chained to our desks in the office, are we entitled to OT wages? Our duties as outlined in our employee handbooks are to basically maintain the productivity of the technicians assigned to us, manage reports sent down to us from our corporate offices, customer service, live qc checks of our techs, and also to validate information on installed jobs.

I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out whether our position is considered exempt to OT or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am including a pointer to the federal White Collar exceptions. You need to look especially at the rules associated with the Administrative, Executive and Professional exceptions.

White Collar exceptions.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Working...
    X