This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can an employer allow me to work after committing a firable offense? Nevada

Just lost my job, and a coworker told me it was illegal for the employer to allow me to finish working for the day after I committed a "firable offense".

Any truth to this?

Ask the coworker to show you such law because if it exists you're going to have a lot of suprised people here.
    "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate'' - Sir William of Ockham, a.k.a. Ockham's Razor

Comment

I thought it sounded a little fishy too, but just figured I would check it out just in case.

Comment

No law addresses this but it makes no sense for an employer to allow a terminated employee to continue to work. It would be awkward for all concerned, no one would get much work done because of the atmosphere and the terminated employee could potentially do a lot of damage during the rest of the day.
        I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Good point, I read it as offense was committed , continued to work , fired later.

Are you saying you were terminated and then continued to work? If so it doesn't change the answer but I'd find it odd.
          "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate'' - Sir William of Ockham, a.k.a. Ockham's Razor

Comment

I committed what they deemed was a firable offense, supervisor told me I wont be working anymore and that we needed to have a meeting the following morning and then hung up the phone.

Just returned home from the meeting in which I was fired.

I knew I was getting the axe, so it came as no surprise.

Comment

Working...
            X