Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appologise for being sucked into the childish fight.

The problem is this. Your son is in a "he said, she said" situation. The manager has seniority, and her word will be believed over your son's word. I have seen similar situations where everyone involved was fired to teach a lesson to those remaining.

There is no "legal" solution to this situation. In your own words,

we live in Nevada and it's a right to work state and they can fire you for looking at management the wrong way. Employees seem to have NO RIGHTS according the Nevada.
    Your son will have to use his "people" skills in speaking to upper management, or face being branded trouble.

Sorry, but you already know the posibilities.

If your son has learned from his old man, he will do fine in the world.

Best to you both.

Comment

Just to clarify, "right to work" means that you don't have to join a union in order to get a particular job. You're talking about "at-will employment".

Employees DO have rights in Nevada. Complaining about management over such management's head is such a "right". It can be a career-limiting move.
      Last edited by Pattymd; 06-04-2008, 04:24 AM.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

To summarize:

No laws have been broken by the employer. The employees have the right to unionize which may solve the problem. Joe will (by private message, right Joe?) provide additional information on how to get started if the OP so desires.

Does anyone else have anything relevant to share? Or shall we stop the bickering and move on?
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I'm voting for moving on.
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
            I'm voting for moving on.
            I agree with you. As it is, he is planning a meeting with all involoved. He said he needs his job, could care less about it because they have burned him too many times, has never had any other problems with them and then this breaks out.

I thank you all for TRYING to help. Unfortuneatly nothing really got solved here. But if I have any other problems I will refer back.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
              To summarize:

No laws have been broken by the employer. The employees have the right to unionize which may solve the problem. Joe will (by private message, right Joe?) provide additional information on how to get started if the OP so desires.

Does anyone else have anything relevant to share? Or shall we stop the bickering and move on?
              I understand no laws have been broken, I was merely trying to see what his rights were. And as I stated, because he's here in Nevada there are no rights for employees due the right to work state they have here.

Comment

I really don't get why he keeps bringing up "right to work"!

Patty already clarified this. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by TSCompliance View Post
                  I really don't get why he keeps bringing up "right to work"!

Patty already clarified this. Ugh.
                  UGH....Sorry !! "AT WILL" is that better ???

Since I have been in Nevada everyone has told me it RIGHT TO WORK even the unemployment department. That's why I call it RIGHT TO WORK.

Comment

Originally posted by unclegreg View Post
                    UGH....Sorry !! "AT WILL" is that better ???

Since I have been in Nevada everyone has told me it RIGHT TO WORK even the unemployment department. That's why I call it RIGHT TO WORK.

They're wrong.

Comment

Well Apparently !!! Thanks for the clarification Now I can go around telling them THEY are wrong LOL

Once again Thanks

Comment

Nevada IS a right to work state, which means, as already indicated, that you don't have to join a union in order to get work.

Nevada is ALSO an employment at will state, which means that the employee can quit at any time and for any reason, and the employer can fire him at any time and for any reason not prohibited by law.
                        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
                          Nevada IS a right to work state, which means, as already indicated, that you don't have to join a union in order to get work.

Nevada is ALSO an employment at will state, which means that the employee can quit at any time and for any reason, and the employer can fire him at any time and for any reason not prohibited by law.
                          Good point, cbg, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X