This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad has just gotten worse Nevada

I was fired, accused of stealing, They refused to pay me my final check!! I filied proper paperwork with nevada dol on friday, on thursday the following week my mother calls me and tells me that some detectives came to my house asking to speak to me about a job I just had..... they left a business card for me. This scares me because in nevada you are quilty until proven innocent, (with my experience anyways). I cant believe that because I went to the labor board for my money, my employer is going to go as far as to get the police involved?? What do I do to prove my innocense?? I do not have money for a lawyer, & they know that!!

Why don't you call back the detectives before having a snit?
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

nevada

Originally posted by cyjeff View Post
      Why don't you call back the detectives before having a snit?
      cyjeff, you have been pretty ugly to a few people, you treat them like a 5 year old kid, and they have serious issues. When you're stalked by someone I think we all want to hear what you have to say!

Comment

Eh

Originally posted by joec
        Call a criminal lawyer,then talk to the cops.
        JoeC
        I wish you were my lawyer

Comment

Originally posted by silkwood View Post
          cyjeff, you have been pretty ugly to a few people, you treat them like a 5 year old kid, and they have serious issues. When you're stalked by someone I think we all want to hear what you have to say!
          Until the OP calls the detectives, he/she doesnt' know why they were at his mother's home.

Heck, for all he knows, one of them was a high school buddy that is trying to reestablish contact.

I treat grown ups like children when they act like them.

I do not have a great deal of patience for people that say, "I am hiding in a fetal position because the man is looking for me but I did have the time to log on here and ask what to do."

The OP is not being stalked... he is being looked for by police. There is a distinct difference. I did not respond to Joe's addendum to my post because it was sound advice... though an attorney is not automatically needed.

Lastly, I have a problem with grown ups leaving dear old Mommy in the middle of their legal troubles.

Right now, the detectives only have one address for him... and Mom could be brought in for questioning. And on Mother's Day.

Nice.
          Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Originally posted by cyjeff View Post
            Until the OP calls the detectives, he/she doesnt' know why they were at his mother's home.

Heck, for all he knows, one of them was a high school buddy that is trying to reestablish contact.

I treat grown ups like children when they act like them.

I do not have a great deal of patience for people that say, "I am hiding in a fetal position because the man is looking for me but I did have the time to log on here and ask what to do."

The OP is not being stalked... he is being looked for by police. There is a distinct difference. I did not respond to Joe's addendum to my post because it was sound advice... though an attorney is not automatically needed.

Lastly, I have a problem with grown ups leaving dear old Mommy in the middle of their legal troubles.

Right now, the detectives only have one address for him... and Mom could be brought in for questioning. And on Mother's Day.

Nice.
            cyjeff, Thank you for your help!! You really helped a lot! I would just like to know what exactly makes you decide, that Im being a child? Why do you get to judge?

First off I did speak to the detective, he asked me to come to the station to talk with him about this job I was just terminated from!

Second, I am not in the fetal position, I am a single mother just trying to make ends meet & take care of my teenage daughter alone! I have been wrongfully accused of a serious act!! I can not go to jail, & fight this.

Third, my mother is helping me out right now, without a job or ainy other source of income, its hard to pay rent..& I never left her to deal with anything!! I was looking for a job when they came to her home!

lastly, you shouldn't judge people like that! You said some pretty mean things, when all i was trying to do get a little FRIENDLY advice, I didn't need the beating, Thank you for your warmhearted FRIENDLY advice!

Now thats NICE!

Comment

I don't think he was talking to you but to the other poster.
              The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
              X