X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid Time Off - Salary Exec.

Hello All-
    I've recently had taken two days off from work as "unpaid" vacation time. But on both of those days, I was called from the owner to handle work related issues remotely. Since I worked on my "vacation days", shouldn't I be paid?

Also, if I worked only 4 hours today, should I get paid for 8- being that I'm a salary "exempt" employee?

Thanks in advanced for the response. Cheers!

- optsdirectorLV

Originally posted by optsdirectorLV View Post
    Hello All-
    I've recently had taken two days off from work as "unpaid" vacation time. But on both of those days, I was called from the owner to handle work related issues remotely. Since I worked on my "vacation days", shouldn't I be paid?

Also, if I worked only 4 hours today, should I get paid for 8- being that I'm a salary "exempt" employee?

Thanks in advanced for the response. Cheers!

- optsdirectorLV
    You will be paid.
    Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by moburkes View Post
      You will be paid.
      Unfortunately, I didnt. My paycheck didn't reflect those two days.

Comment

Originally posted by optsdirectorLV View Post
        Unfortunately, I didnt. My paycheck didn't reflect those two days.
        My bad. I thought that I read paid vacation. Just curious. How many hours did you work remotely on those 2 days?

And, what state are you in?

Comment

My bad. I thought that I read paid vacation. Just curious. How many hours did you work remotely on those 2 days?

And, what state are you in?
          3hrs on the first day and roughly 5hrs on the second.

Comment

What state are you in?

You need to be paid for that time.

Comment

What state are you in?

You need to be paid for that time.
              State of Nevada. I know in California if you work at least 4-hrs in a day, you'll get paid for a full day.

Comment

The California law you refer to, just FYI, relates to nonexempt employees.

You must be paid for each full day, since the work you did was substantial (if it had been one or two quick phone calls, it would have been different). Have you asked the employer about this? What do they say?

And just for curiosity's sake, why did you take the time unpaid? Did you not have any PTO left?
                I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
                  The California law you refer to, just FYI, relates to nonexempt employees.

You must be paid for each full day, since the work you did was substantial (if it had been one or two quick phone calls, it would have been different). Have you asked the employer about this? What do they say?

And just for curiosity's sake, why did you take the time unpaid? Did you not have any PTO left?
                  Apparently, all "time-off" is unpaid; although it never stated that in my contract. All it said was to "notify the owner of any vacation, sick time, etc. 2-days in advance."
                  I've been with the company for only 5months and there's not a PTO program in place as of yet. I was out-of-state visiting relatives for the holidays when those phone calls took place and I was "putting out fires" for the company.
                  I've explained to the owner that since I was still working on my days off, I should be paid for those days. I don't think he gets it.....

Comment

You're right, he doesn't get. Federal law requires that you be paid for those days.

Comment

You're right, he doesn't get. Federal law requires that you be paid for those days.
                      ...I guess I'll have to keep my phone turned off on my days off. (haha)

Comment

Working...
                      X