This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary employee rights in nevada Nevada

My brother is working for a company and he is a salary employee but has to work between 12-20 a day sometimes he has no days off is this legal? I told him that he should start keeping a time card to prove that he is working these hours. The company that he is working for does not have them clocking in or out. He gets paid the same regardless of if he works 40-140 hours in one week can this company do this and is this legal because he is a salary employee...please let me know...

For general information, I just responded to your other post. Relative to your brother specifically, "salaried" is merely a pay method. If he is exempt, as I suspect you really mean, he is not entitled to any compensation over and above his weekly salary, no matter how many hours he works.

For clarification, though, what does he do? Not his job title, but his daily duties?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

You have asked variations of this question three times now. Let me make the answer clear:

Under both Federal and Nevada law, he can legally be asked to work 168 hours per week (24 x 7). There is no Federal law and no law in Nevada (or in most other states) limiting the number of hours he can be required to work.

If he is legitimately an exempt employee, then there are no circumstances whatsoever in which he is legally entitled to a single penny over and above his regular salary, regardless of how many or how few hours he works.

If he feels he is being treated unfairly, he is free to find other employment with hours more to his liking.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
      X