This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need ANSWERS QUICK! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

My boss just demoted me and cut my salary into hourly and by $3 dollars an hour, he also put me on probation and I was never written up for one thing and the only reason they are doing this is because I am challenging them about my vacation time. He said I will have to punch the clock and he can't justify my salary of $46,200.00 as a customer service rep therefore he is deducting my salary by $6,240.00 a year. I am going to deny his offer but not quit because I need him to fired me for unemployment reasons.

I have to give him an answer at 3pm pacific standard time....please help asap.....

Comment

What do you mean, challenging them about your vacation time? There's nothing about that in your previous posts. Give us some details so we know what we're dealing with.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Are you talking about the 3 days that you took off before Thanksgiving that you weren't paid for?
        Amateurs built the Ark, Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

he made me take 3 unpaid days as what he calls an Exempt Salaried Manager, however I pulled all my vacation days and I actually took 7 days off so I should have 3 more days coming, however according to him he told me i only have 1.37 hours in January. The real reason he is telling me he is demoting me is because he asked me on wednesday if I still wanted to be the customer service manager, and I didn't get back to him yet.

Comment

Help Help Help

Here is the email i am writing to him if someone could help me critique it before i have to give it to him it would be greatly appreciated.

Mr. (deleted)

In regards to your demotion offer stated below:

As stated by you and witnessed by (deleted):

You asked me if I still wanted to be the Customer Service Manager on Wednesday -- the reason I didn’t get back to you was because I felt humiliated and demeanored by you on Wednesday and haven’t had much sleep since then, because I felt to be intimidated by you. However, because I didn’t get back to you--you decide to demote me on those grounds, which is not the case at all. I feel as though you are demoting me because I challenged you about my vacation times and unpaid days off, you are cutting my pay by $3.00 an hour which comes to $6,240.00 a year, do you really think I can live on that.

You stated that you can’t justify my yearly gross salary as it stands now at $46,200.00, which in my opinion is less than the median Salary of a customer service manager in Las Vegas. You also mentioned that you made this position for me because of me not working with (deleted), which in fact you hired me as a Customer Service Manager in January of 2006.

You also stated that you would be putting me on probation because of my attitude.

Along with the changes in status you’re stipulating that my hours would be from 7am to 4pm.

With that said I decline your offer, however, I am not quitting. If you have intention of removing me from my management position, it would acceptable at an hourly rate at the same compensation of $46,200.00 ($22.21 an hour.)

So if you have any other options at the same pay as an hourly employee please feel free to discussing them with me.
            Last edited by cbg; 12-03-2007, 06:24 AM.

Comment

The results: Friday they forced me to Resign my position at the company I was working at. They asked me if I was going to except the position and I told them no, he said well you resign then I said no I'm not he said yes you are and I said nope you need to fire me, he said nope and to pack up my desk and get the **** out of his building...do you guys think I have grounds for unemployment still?

Comment

It is a really bad idea to include company names and employee names in your post.
                Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

You need to file with the DOL.

On the other hand... being out from under an 18 hour a day job must feel like a vacation.
                  Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Well, actually, you file for unemployment with the Dept. of Employment and Training, not the Dept. of Labor. It appears you can file online.
                    http://nvdetr.org/uiben/handbook.htm
                    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks for your information and advice, i'm online filing the claim now...

Comment

Working...
                      X