This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving two wks notice

I gave my employer two weeks notice that I'm leaving the office. The next day after a full days work. She said she didn't see a need for me to come back to the office since its' slow. First off, is this considered termination and I can file for unemployment? Second, when is she required to give me my last paycheck. Can she wait until the next pay period which is 6 days from my last day in the office?

If you have been discharged, it's 3 days from your last day worked. Since they didn't allow you to work out your notice, chances are this should be considered a discharge and the 3 days would apply.
    http://www.laborcommissioner.com/faqs.htm

You might be able to be eligible for UI benefits for the period between your last day worked and your original notice "last day". Some states provide for this, some states don't. It can't hurt to apply; even if it's denied, you're no worse off than if you don't file.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

It's still a resignation for all but UI purposes.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
        It's still a resignation for all but UI purposes.
        That's what I was thinking.
        Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

Working...
        X