This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sick time being deducted from pto time in Nevada

My employer deducts any time taken off, regardless the reason, from earned paid time off.
    Is it legal for an employer to deduct time taken off for being sick from the earned paid time off??

For example: calling in sick tomorrow costs a vacation day

Yes, there is nothing to prohibit it. But this begs the question, when DOES your sick leave bank get docked?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

PTO banks as commonly used are not solely for vacation time. Their PURPOSE is to be used for all absences, regardless of reason.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I missed that, sorry. Paid Time Off normally DOES incorporate any reason for missed time. That's the whole idea of a PTO plan, instead of separate vacation and sick banks. If it wouldn't be deducted from the PTO balance, where would it be deducted from?
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X