This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• part-time vs full time

I work in Omaha Nebraska and was hired as a part-time employee in June 2005, but I have been working full time hours since december 2005, but i do not get full time benefits like insurance benefits, 401K options, and vacation. even though i work 40 hours a week i only get PTO benefits for a parttime employee. Is this legal? Or is there a certain amount of time they can do this? Any information would be appreciated. thank you
    Part-timer

There is no time frame that says you must be changed to full-time after XX period of time working such hours. Generally speaking, this is legal. The only time that there could be a possible violation would be if they were refusing to make you full-time SOLELY to prevent you from receiving benefits.

Have you talked to your supervisor? How much longer do they expect this to go on?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

part-time vs full time

yes i have but he has not given me a date as to when i would be classified as full time. So i will have to continue to work full time hours but only get part-time benefits?

Comment

If you choose to.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X