This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• open door policy

I have tried to go to management about a boss who is mentally abusive, gets joy into belittling women and making them cry with cut downs of how they don't do their job well, and never will be able to. Makes everyone feel stupid. I think they are setting me up to fire me as the open door policy is a lie. He is also keeping me from being transfered to another store by cutting me down to other managers. How can I prevent him from hurting myself and others any more. It seems like they can just get away with abuse. The managers above him know he is like this, I know of 2 other girls who have complained about him also, but they need him as he is a pharmacist/manager. What if anything can be done?

It appears that upper management condones this employee's actions. If so, there is nothing you can do about it. None of the actions you mention are illegal. Unprofessional and poor management practice, absolutely. But not a violation of any law. The law does not prohibit a manager, or any one else, from being a jerk.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Ah, slight disagreement here.

Constant belittling of women, and only women, can be consider gender harassment/discrimination. If the company refuses to take any action, the next stop is your state human rights commission and/or the EEOC.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Ah, I failed to catch that this person might not be an equal opportunity jerk.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X