This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question

Nebraska-I am a single mother with no family support. When I started my job a year and 4 months ago I told my boss that when school is canceled that I would not be able to work and if schools had a late start (because of weather) I would be in when I got my kids to school. She said that this was fine and it was understood. In the past two school years there has been 3 occations where school has been canceled or late start and I did not have to call in and she was fine with everything. On Feb.23.2006 I gave my notice I would be leaving work at the end of March so they would have time to replace me and get the person trained. So this last Sunday we got a snow storm of over 20 inches of snow I did not call in and went back to work yesterday after I got the kids off to school. I worked about 30 minutes and then was called into the office and let go for not calling in and showing up late yesterday.Fine with that But if I want to get techincal my boss still has not written or posted the schedule for this week as of yesterday.

And your question is?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
    X