TRAINING PAY? ONLINE AND OUT OF TOWN? Nebraska

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRAINING PAY? ONLINE AND OUT OF TOWN? Nebraska

I have looked over some of the other threads on the internet trying to figure out if I should be getting paid for my situation. Some of the wording in these threads is 'lawyerish' and hard for me to put together so if anyone can dumb it down for me, that would be great.
    I am a non-exempt flat-rate employee. Occasionally I take online courses required for work that I dont get paid for. I also have to travel out of town for training. The out of town trips start at 5:00AM for travel to the training centre, class goes from 8:30AM to 4:00pm then either drive home or spend the night for a second day of class and drive home. At this time we get paid only for the time in class. Sometimes its just me alone, sometimes its 2 people and the driving is split.
    So should online training be paid for by the employer and should travel time be paid in addition to in class time?
    Any other info needed to answer my question?
    Thanks.

Time spend in mandatory online training should be reported and paid as hours worked. Time spent driving/riding to and from training as well as time spent at your leisure in a hotel does not count as hours worked.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
    X