This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boss problems/threats!!!!!!!!! Nebraska

My boss recently treatened to kick me in the back of the head one day, and then 2 days latter he said you are like one of those retarded kids who keeps putting his hand on the stove after you tell him no. I went to the owner and told him about this and we all had a meeting about this, and my boss said he was just joking around. After that the owner told me that I was going to have to learn to work with him. I felt very uncoftable at work, and later that evening my boss tried to write me up. I did not sign the paper because it was a bunch of crap. So I decided to quit since I could see this was a very hosstile work enivorment. DO I HAVE A CLAIM FOR UNEMPLOYMENT SINCE I QUIT? Also what else can I do?

FYI, while I think your boss is a jerk with very poor management and social skillls and who should have been disciplined for what he said to you, there is a legal definition of the term, hostile work environment, and what you have described does not meet the definition.

All you can do is apply for unemployment and see what the state says. In general, if you quit you don't get unemployment, but I've seen some odd decisions in both directions.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

This is the definition of a hostile work environment. What you experienced would not be a HWE.

http://en.wikipedia.org:80/wiki/Host...rk_environment
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Can anyone help, I htink their is a civil law/tort law that saws, employers have a ststutory and common law duty to provive a safe working place. Employees have a right to not to be subject to threats in the workplace.!!

Comment

Working...
        X