This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Boss Questions Nebraska

My girlfriend went to work with her cousin who is the manager of a local resturaunt. about a month ago her cousin hired a roomate of hers who had no car. She then went around telling my girlfiend's co-workers that she had no need for my girlfriend. She would accuse her of stealing even though she never did. She even told all of the workers their to watch her because she's stealing. Last week she said the the drawer was 20 short and my GF must put the money back in by 8 or she's fired. since she did not steal and we had no money to put in the drawer she quit. Now her cousin is telling her family and coworkers details that my GF did not know.(ex She was fired for stealing, that she is droping her last check to minimum wage, deducting $30(even though only 20 was missing), and is mailing the check out.) Is that considered a breach of confidentiality? Also since there is slowtime she does not allow anyone to take lunch breaks they must eat when no customers are in the store if a customer comes in the must put their lunch down and serve the customer? What sort of action should be our next step.

There is no "we" or "our" here. YOU have no standing to do anything.

Your girlfriend can file a complaint with the NE DOL for the unauthorized deduction. There was no breach of confidentiality since no confidentiality is owed. Nebraska only requires lunch breaks for mechanical establishments, workshops or assembly plants so there is no violation in refusing to provide a lunch break - however, if no break is offered they must be paid for the time.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
    X