This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Employee Claims Conspiracy Nebraska

At my business we had a former employee who's paycheck got put into the wrong folder when he came to pick it up. At this time we did not know this, asked him if he was on direct despoit (some are and some are not), he said no and we told him that we weren't sure where his check is, we'd give him a call in alittle bit, possibly tomorrow once we researched it. He threw a fit, called our corporate office and filed a complaint. We went through the checks and found his was put away by his first name, rather then his second name. 45 mins later he received his check and said it was a conspiracy and he was taking this to everyone he could.

Now the question is, is there anything he can do for being paid 45min late? Or anything else? It may seem silly to some, but I've seen lots of wierd things happen these days.

Jason

You are fine. You still got it to him the same day. Companies are allowed to make occaisonal honest mistakes.

You say this person doesn't work for you anymore? Really? Sounds like a whiz at personal interaction.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Yes, he doesn't work there anymore. He walked out last week. He even called some of the current employees about the conspiracy and other personal comments about management. It was really wierd.

Comment

That is a different matter.

Talk to your employees. Tell them what happened. Then tell them that it is no longer beneficial to the work environment to talk to this person during working hours.

Then send a letter to the ex employee stating your apology for the mistake but making it clear that any attempts to contact current employees and disparage the company would be met with legal resistance.

You need to nip this yahoo in the bud.
        Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Working...
        X