This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forced Overtime

Thanks for answering my Donning & Doffing questions earlier. I brought the lack of D&D pay to our Human Resources Dept........I was told, you are paid for you 3- 20 minute breaks, so it all works out.

I have another question about forced overtime . Where I work, we work 12 hour shifts, that is not a problem, normal shutdown is at 2p.m., they have started delaying the shut down of the machines for cleaning. The machines are supposed to shut down at 2 p.m., then it takes 4 hours to clean everything, and you go home about 6 pm.....Last week, it was almost 4 p.m. before the shut down, and 8 p.m. before anyone got to go home. 14 hour days are too long. I understand I can look for another job.....but just wondered if this is right.

It isn't illegal if that is what you are asking. If they need you to work 14 hour days, they can require them.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by ElleMD View Post
      It isn't illegal if that is what you are asking. If they need you to work 14 hour days, they can require them.
      I will say, however, that employees will burn out on this before too long. I'm working a temp-to-hire job right now in manufacturing where the plant works 5 12-hour days. Yuck!
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X