This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebraska PTO LAW

It is my understanding that due to a recent court case in Nebraska persons who are terminated have to be given their PTO hours. I have now also heard that some employers are going to terminate the offering of PTO because of the court case finding is this legal? Don't employers have to give at least 7 days of Paid Vacation time to all employees or am I sadly mistaken?

You are sadly mistaken.

There is no law in any state that requires an employer to provide any kind of vacation, sick pay, holidays, or any other form of paid leave (with the exception of California's paid family leave, which is only available in very specific circumstances).
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

And I honestly doubt that employers are going to stop offering PTO time in droves. A number of states have laws requiring the payout of accrued PTO/vacation at termination. Plus, if t hey don't offer at least minimal benefits such as vacation/PTO, they're not going to be able to hire/retain employees for very long.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X