This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consistently Late Payroll Nebraska

My employer discontinued direct deposit and ever since they have been consistently late on payroll delivery. In fact, I wonder if they are mis-posting their mail. Checks are supposed to be cut and sent on the 15th and 30th of the month. It is a local company, so it should only take one day, two at most, to arrive. Now, it is the 20th and I've yet to receive a check. When I do get my checks, there are two postage dates. One postage date is always dated the day the checks are supposed to be sent and the second postage date is typically a couple of days later.

It is making it more and more difficult to budget and I'm wondering if there is any employment law protecting workers like me.
    Last edited by n-tasha; 01-20-2007, 10:40 AM.

Contact the state Dept. of Labor to inquire specifically.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I would also see if bills can be paid 5-7 days after your check is due, so it gives some leway to thier inconsistancy. Good luck to you!

Comment

http://www.dol.state.ne.us/legallaws...tion%20Act.pdf

Nebraska Wage Payment & Collection Act requires that employers pay their workers on regular days as designated by the employer. The problem here is that constructive receipt has been met if the checks are postmarked by check date. I realize that you suspect some wrongdoing. I agree with Pattymd that you may want to discuss your situation with DOL. IMHO it sounds like your boss may have a cashflow issue. One way to give cash a bit longer float is to discontinue direct deposit.

Comment

Originally posted by robb71 View Post
          http://www.dol.state.ne.us/legallaws...tion%20Act.pdf

Nebraska Wage Payment & Collection Act requires that employers pay their workers on regular days as designated by the employer. The problem here is that constructive receipt has been met if the checks are postmarked by check date. I realize that you suspect some wrongdoing. I agree with Pattymd that you may want to discuss your situation with DOL. IMHO it sounds like your boss may have a cashflow issue. One way to give cash a bit longer float is to discontinue direct deposit.
          Good idea Robb!

Comment

Working...
          X