This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• verbal agreement Nebraska

I had an employee pretty much go behind my back and stab me hard with a job we were doing and said nasty stuff to customer and took the job behind my back. talk to EX-employee on the phone asking for final hours and he said "you don't need my hours now, I don't need your money, I will be making my own money now." He was on a speaker cell phone and the other partner heard him and a current employee. He came over 2 days later and handed the co-owner his hours and asked when he could be paid. I said to him you made a verbal agreement with all of us to forfeit your hour and he said "I can't live like that." My Question to you is, This is a Verbal agreement that he agreed to terminate his hours to the company that owed him. He is a independent contractor and he said he was going to go to the labor board about this. Please give some advise....
    Last edited by badbird72; 08-27-2006, 12:55 AM.

Is he classified as an employee (W-2) or independent contractor (1099)?

The answer will vary depending on the answer to this question.

Comment

independent contractor 1099

Comment

Assuming he is correctly classified as an IC, the Dept. of Labor won't take his claim. The DOL is for employees only.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by badbird72
          I had an employee pretty much go behind my back and stab me hard with a job we were doing and said nasty stuff to customer and took the job behind my back. talk to EX-employee on the phone asking for final hours and he said "you don't need my hours now, I don't need your money, I will be making my own money now." He was on a speaker cell phone and the other partner heard him and a current employee. He came over 2 days later and handed the co-owner his hours and asked when he could be paid. I said to him you made a verbal agreement with all of us to forfeit your hour and he said "I can't live like that." My Question to you is, This is a Verbal agreement that he agreed to terminate his hours to the company that owed him. He is a independent contractor and he said he was going to go to the labor board about this. Please give some advise....
          Verbal agreements are hard to enforce, or hold up in court. He has a history of bad-mouthing, so it would be less expensive in the long run to be the good guy and pay him off. Get rid of any possible contact with him.

Have you ever had a bad day and said things you regreted?

Comment

Working...
          X