This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside building temperature Nebraska

I work in a large warehouse that is air-conditioned. The only problem is where I work in the building there are 8 large hot water parts washers (the parts washers were recently moved to my area and the quantity was doubled from last summer). These put out a tremendous amount of heat and humidity. The cool air never gets to my area. I measured the temperature in my area on Wed, and it got to 93 degrees. There is absolutely no air movement, and I do physical labor for 9 hours a day. I asked the plant manager if it would be possible to install some fans for air circulation He said no. I asked him if I could bring in a small fan. He said no. No explanation given. I know this poor employee relations, but is it legal to make people work in these conditions?

I am not unsympathetic; but I don't believe that lawmakers had this in mind when they discuss legislation. I think you will be hard pressed to find a law that says it's too hot to work.

pattymd, are you aware of any OSHA regulations on workplace temperature?
    Last edited by robb71; 07-28-2006, 03:41 PM.

Comment

I understand the lack of too hot to work laws, but couldn't it be considered unhealthy to have a total lack of air circulation in those temperatures.

Comment

We've already discussed this at length on another thread. OSHA has no laws addressing this, sorry.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
        X