This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hours not paid

I am in Nebraska went on trip for my employer thy only want to pay for hours in air . trip took eight hours each way with layover and baggage thy only will pay 3.5h flight time each way. is it their choice to pay only part of travel time
    thanks for your help ::

Assuming you are a nonexempt (generally speaking, hourly-paid) employee, legally they only have to pay you, when travelling as a passenger, for those hours where the travel coincided with your regularly scheduled work hours, even if the travel occurred on a nonscheduled work day.

What is your regular schedule and when did you fly? How did you get to/from the airport, how long did that take, and when during the day did this take place?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Unpaid Hours

Regular hours are 6:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. monday-friday. Trip started at 5:00 a.m. Friday and ended at 3:00 p.m. Worked from 7 a.m.- 3 p.m. on Saturday. Headed back at 4:00 p.m. Sunday and got back at 12:30 a.m. Monday. Time to and from airport they will pay for.

Thanks For The Info.
      e_mark
      Last edited by e mark; 05-28-2006, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Then they must pay you as follows:

Friday - 6 am to 3 pm
        Saturday - 7 am to 3 pm
        Sunday - 4 pm to 5 pm

They are doing more than is legally required by paying you for the travel time to and from the airport if that occurred outside your regularly scheduled hours. Sorry I don't have better news, but that's the law.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Hours Not Payed

Thank You for all your information. I appreciate your time, helping me with this issue. Next time I will have hours approved before I leave, or I will stay home.

e_mark

Comment

That's up to you. Just keep in mind that you can be fired for refusing to travel if your employer wants/needs you to.
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
            X