This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I need to know if any of this is legal Montana

I manage a group home for DD adults. My supervisor says he has no issues with me and my file is outstanding. None of my employees have ever complained about me until I wanted to remove a probationary employee from my home because she was causing problems. Shortly after, the CEO and Director of HR decided to call everyone in and have them evaluate my assistant manager and myself. I asked them what was going on and they refused to tell me. After several days of stressing, they called me into the office and put several accusations in front of me that all appeared to be ridiculous in my opinion. They then said they were not prepared to make a decision and it has since been four days. I believe they plan on calling me in tomorrow to discuss this further. My supervisor refuses to participate as he believes this to be ridiculous. I was promoted into my position with absolutely no training whatsoever. I have gone above and beyond my job description. I have had to continue going to work throughout this entire ordeal and have been completely humiliated. I have spent the last ten months answering phone calls at all hours of the day and dumping my entire life into this position. I have been told that I am required to answer my phone and cover shifts monday through thursday. I don't receive any on call pay for this time, only compensation for shifts actually worked. I'm absolutely devastated. any advice would be grateful, thank you

Let's put it this way; nothing you have posted is illegal.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

i disagree

first of all the terms of hosting a hostile work place seem pretty evident under the circumstance. Second, don't you have to inform someone before investigating them? Third, how can you move to demote someone when they haven't had any write ups and their supervisor is happy with them?

Comment

Hostile work environment has a specific legal definition, and refers to things like sexual harassment, discrimination due to age, race, religion, etc. Being jerks isn't included, unfortunately. The sad part is, they are extremely disfunctional for a company working with DD adults.

Sadly, the writing is on the wall, time to work on your resume. BTW, I was working in a group home for teenage kids, and had the same thing happen, buy my house parents that I worked with stood up for me and asked why the meeting was called since they weren't having any problems with me. They told the boss that this looked like a witch hunt, which it was. I looked for another job anyway, I don't like being in someone's rifle scope.
        I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

http://www.wisegeek.com:80/what-is-a...nvironment.htm
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

And no, employees need not be informed of an investigation before it is initiated.
            I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

figures the jerk could get away with it

That is so funny. The words witch hunt was EXACTLY what my co-works said in my situation. It just dumbfounds me that a CEO for a company can talk the way he does. He told me 'I rolled the dice on you because you're young and have no experience, I guess now I have to suffer the consequences'. He also told me I was manipulative and referred to a mistake I made as being stupid and immature. I'm blown away. Oh well I suppose.

Comment

Working...
              X